FOOTBALL TOP 10
1. St. John Bosco (1-0): The Braves impressed successful an emphatic triumph implicit two-time defending Florida authorities champion Miami Central, particularly connected defense. Alemany, coming disconnected a nonaccomplishment to Utah powerhouse Lone Peak, has 7 players among the state’s apical 50 seniors, aforesaid arsenic Bosco.
This week: vs. Alemany (1-0), Friday, 7 p.m.
2. Los Alamitos (1-0): Malachi Nelson tossed 4 TDs successful 65-18 romp implicit Bakersfield, present helium faces a Lincoln secondary led by Oregon-bound Jalil Tucker and Jahlil Florence. Hornets are aiming for a 3rd San Diego Section rubric successful the past decade.
This week: vs. San Diego Lincoln (1-0), Friday, 7 p.m.
3. Long Beach Poly (0-0): The Jackrabbits, their opening crippled pushed backmost to Week 3 aft affirmative COVID-19 tests, look to commencement their play with a triumph astatine Serra. They opened the outpouring run with an OT triumph implicit the Cavaliers, who had won meetings the erstwhile 3 seasons by four, 4 and 3 points.
This week: astatine Serra (0-1), Friday, 7 p.m.
4. Warren (1-0): Nico Iamaleava shook disconnected immoderate aboriginal rust and threw for 299 yards and 7 TDs successful 53-0 romp implicit Wilson. Warren volition look a stiffer trial against a foe that romped, 50-6, against the Bears successful 2019.
This week: vs. La Serna (0-1) astatine California HS, Thursday, 7 p.m.
5. Downey (0-1): Tryse Redford caught 10 passes for 113 yards and 2 TDs and Andrew Garcia returned an interception for a people successful 36-20 nonaccomplishment to Corona del Mar. Vikings were down 27 astatine halftime and request a stronger commencement this week.
This week: vs. Bonita (1-0), Friday 7 p.m.
6. Mayfair (1-0): Nico Adimora totaled 235 yards and 4 scores arsenic Mayfair mowed down Chaffey, 41-12. Now Mayfair opens location slate against Raul Lara-led St. Anthony that could bash small against L.A. City No. 1 San Pedro.
This week: vs. St. Anthony (0-1) astatine Bellflower HS, Friday, 7 p.m.
7. Millikan (0-1): Mistakes outgo the Rams successful a 48-41 location nonaccomplishment to Santa Ana — a blocked punt astir of all. They’ll person to cleanable that up to person a changeable against San Diego powerfulness Carlsbad, which is 10th successful Calpreps’ authorities machine rankings. The Lancers, guided by erstwhile Lakewood manager Thadd McNeal, cruised past Millikan, 52-7, 2 years ago.
This week: astatine Carlsbad (1-0), Friday, 7 p.m.
8. Compton (0-0): The Tarbabes had hoped to telephone Compton College location this twelvemonth — their field is nether reconstruction — but that fell through, truthful their “home” opener, similar each their games, volition beryllium connected the road. Watch for RB Deon Johnson to pb a dynamic onslaught successful archetypal of 3 games to determine the Compton metropolis champion.
This week: astatine Centennial (0-1), Friday, 5 p.m.
9. La Mirada (0-1): Eddie Lafferre ran for 115 yards astatine little than afloat spot and Matadores rallied from 17 down to beryllium successful presumption to necktie oregon triumph astatine the extremity of a 24-21 decision to El Toro. Now they hole for Chaffey’s double-wing, which Coach Mike Moschetti describes arsenic “unbalanced lines and weird sets” with the purpose to “out-weight-room and out-tough you.” Moschetti calls it “a situation to the kids’ manhood.”
This week: astatine Chaffey (0-1), Friday, 7 p.m.
10. Dominguez (1-0): The rising Dons, expected to conflict Paramount for 3rd successful the San Gabriel Valley League, romped successful their opener down Ormanie Arnold, who caught 5 passes for 140 yards and 2 TDs. QB Jordan Ford completed 9 of 11 for 233 yards and Ciantra Davis caught 4 for 120 and a score.
This week: vs. Santa Fe (0-1) astatine Pioneer HS, Thursday, 7 p.m.